@ the Fourth Wall

Chesley McLaren started off as fashion designer but fate had different plans. When her first couture collection "At The Circus" failed to make a splash, she showed her sketches and before she knew it, Bendel’s, Bloomingdale’s and Bergdorf’s came a calling. Her artwork now adorns everything from scarves to children's books. And it's an honor to have her showcasing here in Dallas at the Fourth Wall Gallery.

Chesley McLaren, 4th fourth wall gallery,style geek dallas

I went to the opening on Friday and fell in love with sketching all over again. Her francophile style is appropriate for the children's books without being too immature for us adults. It's curly and fun without missing a detail.

style geek dallas,Chesley McLaren 4th fourth wall gallery
Amazon.com

I really wanted When Royalty Wore Ruffles but I'm flat broke. I will in time, however, make it part of my slowly evolving fashion library until one day I'll have to dedicate an entire room to it.

Chesley McLaren 4th fourth wall gallery,street fashion dallas lesbian lez style style geek

McLaren also has a small preview of her SS2010 Demoiselle collection. Here she is in one of the coats. I could not stop staring at it!

Click the picture to see her 2008 collection and get a feel for her luxurious details and volumes. All fashion lovers in Dallas need to go see this exhibit.

Chesley McLaren 4th fourth wall gallery,style geek dallas,peter,breese

Another artist being featured at the 4th Wall Gallery is Peter Breese. His sketches were a little sexier, giving weight and fluidity to women's curves. That's him in the picture standing next to my favorite piece.

Chesley McLaren 4th fourth wall gallery,peter breese,street fashion dallas lesbian lez style,style geek dallas
I'll let you guess why. (*_~)