@ the Miguel Atkins Fashion Show

It was a dark and stormy night as fashionistas filled fusion restaurant Bengal Coast. Miguel Atkins, in league with BKP Entertainment, was hosting his debut fashion show, which promised to be a little hot and edgy. The evidence wasn't just in the Facebook flyer but his overall album, full of dark yet outrageous details.

Miguel Atkins,Dallas Fashon,Fashion Blog

Atkins delivered, almost two hours later than expected, a mix of Rihanna and Lady Gaga, and not just for women. Surprisingly, he pushed the envelope by showing menswear inspired by current trends in pop. I'm already a big fan of studs but throw in some denim and black shininess and you got me sold.

The only thing i felt was lacking was the number of pieces. Zara at Northpark donated some menswear for the pre-show, which wasn't out of place considering that the location was geared towards the urban male as was the clothing. But I would have liked more focus on Atkins' collection because it was truly show material.


I apologize for the lack of quality in the photo but my camera wasn't feeling the club atmosphere at Bengal Coast - too dark. I've been trying to contact the photographer to no avail. I will update as soon as I get some good pictures.